Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 10 celebration! 6-14-11


In Virginia, adoptive families have to wait for the 10th day at 5:00pm after the day of birth for the birthmother to not want to change her mind. We were blessed with that 5pm time to come and go without any incidences. Carrie kept trying to reassure me in the hospital that she wouldn't want to change her mind and she did seem pretty resolute, but I didn't trust it until those 10 days were over. She was an amazingly strong person who I really enjoyed getting to know. We will both be indebted to her for life for helping us create our family. I hope I show the level of strength she showed us in those few weeks of knowing her. Thank you Carrie!


We got out some nice Russian champagne and toasted to the start of our new family!


What a little tiny bundle of joy!


The balloon is for our neighbors to know our happy news also! I waited to put it outside the door until this DAY 10 came and went. I must admit, I did sweat it a bit during those 10 days!


What a perfect celebration with leftover cake from our shower and champagne with raspberries and blueberries (blue for boy!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment